Commercial use #
For different services and products, we have different licenses for.
- To purchase and use the business paid version API/SDK data, you CAN use it for any commercial purposes.
- Using the free development version of the API/SDK data, you CAN NOT use it for any commercial purposes.
- Using the free weather widget, you CAN use it for any commercial purposes.
- Open Weather Plus is under the terms of the Apache 2.0 license .
- QWeather Icons is under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Definition of Commercial Purposes: Using QWeather data service to develop any products for the public, or corporate actions that can directly or indirectly obtain economic benefits.
Business vs Free #
|Weather Forecast||3-15 days||3-15 days||3 days||3-15 days|
|Weather Hourly forecast||168hrs||168hrs||×||24hrs|
|Real-time Air Quality||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Air Quality Forecast||5 days||5 days||×||5 days|
|Sunrise and Sunset||✓||✓||×||✓|
|Moonrise and Moonset||✓||✓||×||✓|
|Price||Pay as you go?||Pay as you go?||Free||Free|
|Global Routing?||✓||✓||Only China Node||Only China Node|
|Number of KEYs||10/Application||10/Application||3/Application||10/Application|
|Custom API Domains||×||✓||×||×|
How many cities are supported #
QWeather supports weather data for 3000+ cities in China and 150,000+ cities around the world.
What is the data applications? #
You can create data applicationss for your products in the Console, and create multiple KEYs in the data applicationss for getting weather data.
Please refer to Create Application and KEY for how to create the data application.
Do I need to specify the source of the data? #
When will the free calls be updated? #
Free API Calls are reset at 00:00(UTC+8).
How often is the weather data updated? #
Please refer to here
Weather icon #
The weather icons are free to use, see here.
Location list #
Multiple languages #
Yes, we support more than 30 languages and are adding more from time to time. The multi-language feature not only provides multi-language support for weather conditions and other content, but also includes support for global city names and aliases. You can simply add the
lang=xx parameter to the request to get the corresponding language.
It’s raining outside, why is it still cloudy on the data? #
This is a good question. real-time data is generated by first collecting observations from various stations around the world and then calculating them, so there is an unavoidable delay, so in some extreme cases it can be raining but the data is still cloudy.
On the other hand, city-level forecasts cover the entire city, while rainfall does not completely cover the city; it is possible that it rains in your location but not elsewhere in the city.
QWeather will endeavours to ensure the stability, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of our services, but due to the internet environment, laws and regulations, and current industry technical capabilities, we are unable to make such guarantees, and:
- QWeather shall not be responsible for any damage resulting from the use of our services.
- QWeather’s geographic data services does not represent our expression of any opinion on the legal status of countries, territories, cities, regions, or their authorities, or on the delimits of their boundaries.
- We do not guarantee the availability of any hyperlink to a third party on this website, nor do we imply the recognition or recommendation of a third party by QWeather.
Please refer to the full disclaimer.
For more help, please submit a ticket in Console or send an email to email@example.com